The Two Oceans Aquarium in Cape Town aims to foster a love, respect and understanding of the oceans for their future wellbeing.
The aquarium promotes the understanding that careful environmental management is the responsibility of every individual and to provide opportunities for visitors to interact with living animals and ecosystems.
Features and activities:
- Hands-on activities for school groups in two discovery centres
- Specialised enrichment courses for grade 6 and 10 students
- Teacher tutoring programmes
- Puppet shows
- Marine art and craft activities for children
- Adult basic education training literacy programmes
- Specialised courses for restaurant employees, tour guides and tertiary students
- A mobile outreach programme and resource material